.

.

Spaghetti Squash

1/8/10

I have a vague memory of my mom making us spaghetti squash when we were kids. It was probably the only way she could get us to eat a vegetable - serve it in spaghetti form. Cut to 25 years later, and I've been wanting to reacquaint myself with the veggie. Took me forever to find it because I didn't know what it was called until I realized, it's called spaghetti squash. I thought my mom made that name up.


Anyway, there it sat in my kitchen, staring at me, for a week. I had no idea what to do with it. Until my friend Scott (shout out, get that bookstore chain) informed me that it's actually very simple to make. Here are the ingredients...

Spaghetti Squash
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Romano cheese, grated


I added the cheese without Scott's advice, I did go to college in Wisconsin after all.

Cut the squash in half. Scoop out seeds in center. I don't know if that step was necessary or not but again, I didn't know what I was doing. Microwave the squash for 6-10 minutes, or until soft. The size of the squash will make that time vary.


Take a fork, and begin scraping squash. It will begin to resemble spaghetti (see above squash on left).


Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper and Romano cheese on top and stir. You could use Parmesan too but I'm in a Romano phase. A side of marinara works also.

Delicious! You think you're eating pasta. You think you're being BAD.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I once got the shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin (Stripes)
2. Chavez is from Wisconsin
3. With the cheese you are actually being bad, not just faking it.
4. I love Cheese from Wisconsin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger