.

.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1/28/10


It's not often I find these at the store:


I don't know why, I must be shopping at all the wrong places. So when I find them, I buy. Then I go home, and I bake. I want to perfect a peanut butter cookie recipe, and I came close today! Oatmeal. Honey. Cinnamon sugar. Shortening. Who said what?! Yes, I said shortening. I knoooooooow, it's like a tub of lard. But tubs of lard make things taste good, so I threw a small amount in there. These are soft and very peanut buttery-y. Please enjoy.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup peanut butter
1 T honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 bag peanut butter chips
cinnamon sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter and shortening together.


Add sugars and cream together until smooth.


Add egg and egg yolk and mix until combined.


Add peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Mix until combined.


Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until a dough is formed.


Stir in oatmeal and peanut butter chips.


In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Form dough into golf ball-sized balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on baking sheet.


Take a fork and press into each cookie.


Bake for 8 minutes. I always remove my cookies when they look slightly underdone, to poison people. Nooo. They will continue to cook once removed, and this makes for a soft cookie.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Yum! Those do look super soft and tasty. I love honey in cookies, I think it adds such a nice subtle flavor. Will definitely bookmark these.

Anonymous said...

This is torture! I love peanut butter, and I love baked goods that include peanut butter even more. But my kid is 1.5 years old and allergic to peanuts. So peanuts in all their forms (including butter) have been banished from our home. I will have to content myself with staring at your lovely photographs and trying not to lick the screen. :-)

Being Ingrid said...

I was lucky enough to taste these, and you won't be sorry. Siri, you might have wanted to mention to me that you used LARD to make these. Ha!

MamaD said...

Must make NOW!

Heather said...

I love Peanut Butter cookies. Have to order the chips online those as living in Gloucestershire. Well worth the extra money.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger