.

.

Glowing Skin Green Smoothie

1/18/17


Did you know we are old?  I don't mean to collectively group "us" together, because I know "we" are all different ages.  But whatever that age is, it's older than you used to be (what up, Debbie Downer!!?).  I'll never forget the day I realized that I was older than the fictional characters in The Baby-sitters Club books.  It was mind blowing.  There was just no way I could be as cool and mature as Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia and Stacey, and don't get me started on Dawn from Cali (sigh).

That sudden awareness of my age still happens as I get even older.  Like when college students suddenly look like babies (and it's even possible you could be the incoming freshmen's mother).  The day you realize professional athletes are actually much, MUCH younger than you.  Or even that mom friend you see every day and you just assume you were born on the exact same day because you both have kids and then you realize she's not even in her 30's yet.  And so on, and so forth.

My point is, I feel young, which is good I guess!  But sometimes I'll have those long, stare-at-your-face in the mirror, somber moments and it will again occur to me... I'm older than I used to be.  One of my new year's resolutions was to take better care (or ANY care) of my skin.  I'm usually so tired by the end of the day that I'm lucky if I brush my teeth.  But I keep vowing to wear some masks, exfoliate, put on night cream, I don't know, something.  Anything!  Enter, this smoothie.


I have to admit something: I am not a smoothie person.  Or a juice person.  I like to chew my food.  I like to chew it reeeeeal good.  It has always seemed like a lot of work to make a smoothie in the mornings when toasting a bagel requires little to no effort.  Alas, as I slowly become a Golden Girl, I've decided I need to embrace all of the different ways of the world, like the smoothie ways.  And I'm glad I did!  This took me MINUTES to make, using mostly frozen fruit, fresh avocado (which we always have on hand), a handful of spinach and coconut water.  Best part?  It's supposed to make my skin glow, so my goal is to try one for breakfast every day this week.  Check out my Instagram for the before pic... and next week I'll post a transformed photo in which I look exactly like Dawn from The Baby-Sitters Club.      

You can find the recipe HERE.



p.s. This kept me full for HOURS, which is Breaking News in my world.  

4 comments:

Nicole Adeline said...

Siri- use castor oil on your face as a moisturizer, about a quarter sized amount does the trick and I like to put it on my face right after the shower or when its still damp from washing every other day....literally you will wake up with a baby face, castor oil is a miracle serum. Also rub it on your cuticles daily and you'll never have dry cuticles again!!! Im obsessed with it!

Linda said...

Dear Siri,
I can so relate with this post! I sometimes do the stare in the mirror thang.....not fun!
I wonder where did that wrinkle come from, how did that crease deepen, what happened,
when did it start, where was I and how can I make it go away!!!!
I keep telling myself to keep smiling it's far better than the droopy cheeks, if you don't!
I feel young...inside...it's just not fair that our bodies age and our minds think we are forever 20....
Ahhh... 20.... I remember it well! It was just the other day!
Oh well.......
My advice is to keep the wrinkle cream on your bedside table,
and try to remember to slather some on before passing out!
Sending hugs 🤗 & kisses 😘

Kristy said...

Delicious!

unknown said...

This is tasty smoothie. I really like it. You can also add herbal beauty protein supplement in this smoothie then it is good for glowing skin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger