.

.

#VoiceTailgate: Usher's Gusher Cookies

5/11/14


What up #VoiceTailgate!!?  I'm sorry for talking like a nerd mom, but I'm so excited for the Top 5 I can hardly stand it.  Who do you want to see make it to the Final 3?? 

Well, if you're on Team Usher, you will enjoy these cookies.  If you're on Team Cookie, you will enjoy these cookies.  If you're on Team Joyful Wonderful Things In Life, you will enjoy these cookies.  I hope you see where I'm going with this nonsense.  For a coach with such a particular mentoring style - one that challenges contestants to push for their best - I knew only a perfect cookie would do.  Also "gusher" rhymes with "Usher," in case you didn't know that.  This is your basic soft and chewy cookie with chocolate oozing out of the center.  Thank you, Usher, for making me strive for perfection!  And for having a name that reminds me of oozing chocolate...      


Usher's Gusher Cookies
(Makes 12 cookies)
Printable Recipe

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips, divided (I use semi-sweet)

Preheat oven to 350.  In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted and smooth.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer.  Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until smooth.  In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.  Add to dough, and mix until just incorporated.  Stir in remaining chocolate chips.


Divide dough in half.  Lightly grease a muffin tin.  Place a large spoonful of dough into each muffin tin, flattening with fingers and creating a slight well in the center.  Spoon about a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into the center of each cookie.



Using the rest of the dough, cover each cookie, flattening the dough carefully with your fingers.



Bake for 15 minutes.  Let cool completely before removing from cupcake tin.

*Note: These cookies will only ooze when they're warm, so if they cool down you can always put them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.


If you're wondering if I photographed these cookies on top of a gold, sequined tank top that I haven't worn since my 20's, you would be correct.  I knew I kept it in my closet for a reason!

Tune in on Monday at 8/7 Central on NBC : )

4 comments:

Amy (So There, by Amy) said...

YUM! These look amazing!
Thanks for sharing :)
Happy Mother's Day!!

Kelly Creedon said...

Oh wow. I was going to put the kids to bed and sit down and relax. Now I have to make these. Mmmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

My grand kids love chocolate chip cookies, and especially if I make a batch.
I will try this...Thanks

LuRuSo said...

Yes to gushing cookies and yes to sequined tops for photo backgrounds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger