.

.

#VoiceTailgate: Final Three Green Bites

5/18/14


I can't believe there are only two more live shows of The Voice left this season, which means only two more #VoiceTailgates!  We flew to Los Angeles for the final episodes, therefore I've been out of the kitchen and inside the hotel mini fridge (eating snacks only, of course).  So for these last #VoiceTailgates, we're going to take a trip down my blog memory lane.  Won't you come, my neighbor?  Cool, cause you have no choice.

To honor the final three - Josh, Jake and Christina - I found another famous trio of sorts (I'm good at math): Three Green Bites.  It's a favorite appetizer that we always order from this restaurant that I've adapted slightly, and it's easy, delicious and the only way my kids will eat green food.  Besides, there's a little something for everyone.  I might go so far as to compare each bite to the three remaining coaches, because I like nerdy analogies: creamy, cool avocado for Usher... healthy, hip edamame for Adam... and tall, fried food for Blake.  How'd I do?  Did that make sense at all?  Well, it doesn't matter, because you'll enjoy all three, regardless of what final team you're on.           


FINAL 3 GREEN BITES

Tempura Green Beans
(Makes enough batter for many, many green beans)

Vegetable oil
Green beans, cleaned and trimmed (I like to use French-style cause they're skinnier)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup light beer (or you could use club soda)
Salt
Soy sauce for dipping

Place 2 inches of vegetable oil (approx. 4 cups) in a deep pot.  Heat oil (over medium-high) until it reaches 350 degrees.  In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour and beer until combined.  Coat about 15 green beans at a time in batter.


Using tongs, place green beans in oil one by one to avoid them sticking together.  Fry for a couple of minutes, until golden brown.


Remove with tongs and place on a paper towel to cool.  Sprinkle with salt to taste.


*Serve Tempura Green Beans with Diced Avocado and Steamed Edamame (which can be found in the frozen food aisle - prepare as directed on package), as well as soy sauce for dipping.


Who do you want to win??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum for me and my husband but I highly doubt my son will go for the green beans or edamame, but I should give it a try! Oh, and Josh For the win!

tara said...

Mmm those look delicious! Love your analogy.

I'm confused, though... don't you live in LA already? Or were you out of town? I guess I must not be paying attention.

Sandy said...

Trying this tonight! My family loves mayo mixed with soy sauce as a dip for steamed broccoli. Bet it is worth a try with these, too (in case anyone needs a few fat calories :).

Linda said...

Mmmmm..... Tempura green beans, I wish I had some little kids I needed to make these for. Oh we'll I can always make them for big kids too !!!

Siri said...

Tara - we moved to New York in March! I'm pretty sure I blogged about the transition : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger