#VoiceTailgate: Final Three Green Bites


I can't believe there are only two more live shows of The Voice left this season, which means only two more #VoiceTailgates!  We flew to Los Angeles for the final episodes, therefore I've been out of the kitchen and inside the hotel mini fridge (eating snacks only, of course).  So for these last #VoiceTailgates, we're going to take a trip down my blog memory lane.  Won't you come, my neighbor?  Cool, cause you have no choice.

To honor the final three - Josh, Jake and Christina - I found another famous trio of sorts (I'm good at math): Three Green Bites.  It's a favorite appetizer that we always order from this restaurant that I've adapted slightly, and it's easy, delicious and the only way my kids will eat green food.  Besides, there's a little something for everyone.  I might go so far as to compare each bite to the three remaining coaches, because I like nerdy analogies: creamy, cool avocado for Usher... healthy, hip edamame for Adam... and tall, fried food for Blake.  How'd I do?  Did that make sense at all?  Well, it doesn't matter, because you'll enjoy all three, regardless of what final team you're on.           


Tempura Green Beans
(Makes enough batter for many, many green beans)

Vegetable oil
Green beans, cleaned and trimmed (I like to use French-style cause they're skinnier)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup light beer (or you could use club soda)
Soy sauce for dipping

Place 2 inches of vegetable oil (approx. 4 cups) in a deep pot.  Heat oil (over medium-high) until it reaches 350 degrees.  In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour and beer until combined.  Coat about 15 green beans at a time in batter.

Using tongs, place green beans in oil one by one to avoid them sticking together.  Fry for a couple of minutes, until golden brown.

Remove with tongs and place on a paper towel to cool.  Sprinkle with salt to taste.

*Serve Tempura Green Beans with Diced Avocado and Steamed Edamame (which can be found in the frozen food aisle - prepare as directed on package), as well as soy sauce for dipping.

Who do you want to win??


Lauren Brewer said...

Yum for me and my husband but I highly doubt my son will go for the green beans or edamame, but I should give it a try! Oh, and Josh For the win!

tara said...

Mmm those look delicious! Love your analogy.

I'm confused, though... don't you live in LA already? Or were you out of town? I guess I must not be paying attention.

Sandy said...

Trying this tonight! My family loves mayo mixed with soy sauce as a dip for steamed broccoli. Bet it is worth a try with these, too (in case anyone needs a few fat calories :).

Linda said...

Mmmmm..... Tempura green beans, I wish I had some little kids I needed to make these for. Oh we'll I can always make them for big kids too !!!

Siri said...

Tara - we moved to New York in March! I'm pretty sure I blogged about the transition : )


Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger