.

.

Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

3/17/14


My baby boy turned 5 over the weekend.  He's 5.  He will start kindergarten next year and ride the bus and did I mention he is 5???  I can't wrap my head around how fast time goes by.  We had a big birthday party for him in California before we left, so this weekend's celebration was rather small but still birthday-cake worthy.  At least to me it was.  He said, "Mama, I don't want a birthday cake, I don't like birthday cake" and I said, "Okay that's fine but I'm still making you a birthday cake."  And guess what?  He liked his birthday cake.  Because this was the best Red Velvet Cake I've ever tasted.


His favorite colors are red and gold, so this particular cake was a no brainer (I put edible gold stars on top).  At first I was going to settle on a Paula Deen recipe, because despite her issues let's face it, if boooooter, iggs, and awwl are involved (human translation: butter, eggs and oil) she usually gets it right.  However, the reviews on her recipe said it tasted like Playdoh?  So I went with this recipe instead.  It's perfectly moist (even better the next day), has that defined hint of cocoa flavor and the cream cheese frosting is to die for.  I cannot stop eating it and I HIGHLY recommend you try it.      





In case you care...
Jack's 4th birthday cake(s).

AND little Miss Etta's 1st birthday cake.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Mmmm...you can't go wrong with Bakerella. Wait what ride the bus....noooooo. The best goodbye tears are shed on the playground while you bawl your way back to the car. Then you consider stalking him all day to make sure that he's ok. Then you finally convince yourself that everything will be ok, and you go to Target!!!

alex said...

yep, this is the only red velvet cake I ever make. I totally agree, it's even better the next day. Just stand there and eat it with a fork, don't even bother cutting a slice

SHERRY HART said...

Red Velvet cake is my all time favorite in the whole world. I even like the cheap grocery store version so home made could be dangerous!

Buy Dry Fruits Online said...

Nice blog… thanks for sharing this information with us, We are Dry Fruits Wholesaler

buy dry fruits online

buy spices online

sankarsocialbeat said...

I Really love to create different kinds of recipes like this with organic spices available online

IFSC Codess said...

I have read your blog and i find it quite informative. Thanks for sharing information it is really helpful.
Find Bank IFSC Code, Bank MICR Code, BSR Code of all Bank Branches in India with Bank Branch Details.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger