.

.

Siriously Chopped: Thanksgiving Appetizer FINALISTS!

11/21/11

That was so hard.  Ugh.  YOU ARE SUCH CLEVER RECIPE CREATORS!  I think you should all start food blogs and I will read them.  So (as my son says 47 times a day), for the top 3, I wanted to include a variety of appetizers that fit my criteria: creativity, plating and overall appeal.  I have linked each finalist to their recipe.  Drum roll...    


I received a lot of fried or pan-fried corn cakes of various sorts and honestly, they all looked fabulous (Aunt Pam, Gretchen, Sara - I die).  But something about this one hooked me.  I can almost taste the crispiness just looking at this photo, and an apple cream cheese topping?  Yes.  (Catherine's blog)  



I did a double take after looking at this recipe.  I read "bread bite" and assumed this was a crostini of sorts but no, it's a bunch of wonderful fall flavors mixed together and baked in a mini muffin tin.  Creative!  The sliver of spicy jalapeno on top combined with the sweet, cider, maple syrup dipping sauce seems like such a great contrast of flavor - I'm dying to try.
p.s. If you don't have a ceramic Japanese spoon I'm sure it will still be good.  (Oh Larry...)  



This one fell into my top 3 almost instantly.  The name of the dish and the picture was almost all it took.    I was very excited to see the crispy sage/bread crumb topping, and of course ground sage throughout.  Cooked apples and onions, swimming in the buttery cider sauce, spooned over cheesy, corn ravioli - I would order that in a restaurant.    


So there you have it.  I will be making all three of these tonight and tomorrow (sucks to be me), myself and my two co-judges (Jack and Carson) will test taste until we explode, and I will announce the winner on Wednesday!  

A thousand thanks to those who participated - I am saving all of your recipes and will be making them, no matter what.  I love you romantically.  

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ahhh...all deserving finalists! I wish I could join you as a test taster :)

Style, She Wrote said...

Wow! These look sooo good. What fun, new takes on old Thanksgiving favorites. xo style, she wrote

Last Minute Accessories said...

Yayyyyyy!!! The other two look fantastic. I hope my cornballs come out ok.. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yor fam! Xo, Catherine. Www.frenchtoastandwine.com

Linda said...

Sad that I missed the cut off date......... We just got home, Maybe I'll send you my recipe creation anyways!!!
Can't wait for the next one too!!! Hint. Hint.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger