Easy Tomato & White Wine Sauce


Nothing makes you feel more like a great cook than whipping up an easy, delicious and versatile sauce. Weird, I sound so serious, like a walking advertisement.


That's more like me.  Back to being a great cook and mature adult.

I served this sauce over poached fish and it felt like I was indulging in something rich and sinful when, in fact, it was very vibrant and light (I know, healthy...again, unlike me).  Here's how to do it...    

**Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat.  Add a finely chopped shallot, and saute until translucent.  Add one clove of minced garlic, and saute for another 5 minutes or so, to really let the flavors mesh.  Add one cup of white wine and one can of diced tomatoes (14oz), bring to a boil.  Let boil for a hot second, and then bring down to a simmer for 20 minutes or so.  Let it thicken up.  Season with salt and pepper.**  


So, have you entered the cooking contest yet??  Why not, you don't want to win $75 from Williams Sonoma?  Loving the recipes I've seen so far, everything from soup to salsa.  You guys are the bestest!  Have super weekends!  



Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger