.

.

Easy Tomato & White Wine Sauce

11/18/11


Nothing makes you feel more like a great cook than whipping up an easy, delicious and versatile sauce. Weird, I sound so serious, like a walking advertisement.

Farts.

That's more like me.  Back to being a great cook and mature adult.

I served this sauce over poached fish and it felt like I was indulging in something rich and sinful when, in fact, it was very vibrant and light (I know, healthy...again, unlike me).  Here's how to do it...    

**Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat.  Add a finely chopped shallot, and saute until translucent.  Add one clove of minced garlic, and saute for another 5 minutes or so, to really let the flavors mesh.  Add one cup of white wine and one can of diced tomatoes (14oz), bring to a boil.  Let boil for a hot second, and then bring down to a simmer for 20 minutes or so.  Let it thicken up.  Season with salt and pepper.**  


Mmm.

So, have you entered the cooking contest yet??  Why not, you don't want to win $75 from Williams Sonoma?  Loving the recipes I've seen so far, everything from soup to salsa.  You guys are the bestest!  Have super weekends!  

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger