.

.

Haricots Verts with Shallot Dressing

7/22/11


Do you ever use the provided recipes on the back of vegetables bags? How dare you lie to my face, I know you do. If you don't, you might be missing out. They're not always great, but they can provide inspiration and sometimes, SOMETIMES, they are superb. Last night I was running low on energy and ideas, so I used a recipe on the back of my bag of green beans, oh, I'm sorry, HARICOTS VERTS. My bag of green beans only speaks French.

I really enjoyed it... the crunch of the fresh, crisp, al dente green bean paired nicely with the smooth, tangy dressing. Don't judge a recipe by the bag. Or insert something else there that makes sense.

Haricots Verts with Shallot Dressing
(Serves 4-6)
Printable Recipe

2 pkg. Earth Exotics French Beans
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 shallot, minced

Steam beans until just tender, 3 to 8 minutes.



While they are steaming, whisk together the remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.


Toss beans with dressing and serve.

1 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh boy that does sound good! Nice job back of the bag recipe, way to surprise us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger