.

.

Squash and Mushroom Gratin

4/14/11


Size does matter. WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES. I recently admitted that I didn't own a mandolin, and your comments convinced me I needed one. I didn't buy anything fancy, in fact, I didn't spend more than $10 on it! And it works just FINE! It allows me to get that super fine slice on a vegetable that would otherwise take me, I don't know, a lot longer. And when making a gratin, size really matters.

This was so tasty, my friends. Great complimenting dish to just about anything!

Squash and Mushroom Gratin
(Serves 2)
Printable Recipe

5oz. mushrooms
1 bag patty pan squash (or 1 small zucchini and 1 small yellow squash)
1 shallot, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T grated Parmesan
1 T panko
2 small slices butter, plus more for greasing pan



Using a mandolin, finely slice mushrooms and squash. If you're not using a mandolin, slice as fine as possible with a knife. Set aside.


Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots and garlic, and saute for 5 minutes.


Add vegetables to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and saute for another minute or so.


Place in lightly buttered baking dish, and top with parmesan, panko and two itty bitty slices of butter.


Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered.

1 comments:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Delish Siri! So perfect for spring!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger