.

.

Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad

4/22/11


Anyone else enjoy over-roasted, slightly burned vegetables? I also like moderately burned toast and black roasted marshmallows. I'm weird like that. But this particular salad would be good if you didn't decide to char the carrots like I did. No need to be just like me, unless you're into awesomeness.

I had some leftover carrots and came across this salad. I really loved it - the cumin added the perfect balance to the naturally sweet carrot, and the contrast between creamy avocado and crunchy vegetable was perfect. I will be making this again. Recipe HERE.



(Ok so I didn't exactly mean to burn the crap out of that one carrot.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm...interesting...somehow I just can't picture this one in my mouth

Gretchen said...

Think I'll give this a try...burnt carrots and all :)

Juliet {the juliet notes} said...

That sounds delish! I love myself some carrots and avocado!

Katy Stuhr said...

If you like the carrot/avocado combo, you have to make this salad. It's one of my favorites;

http://smittenkitchen.com/category/fruit/avocado/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger