.

.

Sausage and Broccoli Gumbo

3/4/11


Yeah, yeah, make fun, there is no such thing as a "broccoli gumbo," blah, blah. Do you happen to have okra on hand? If so, you're a better cook than I. Besides, it was WONDERFUL and in the spirit of Mardi Gras, so leave me alone.

I used this recipe with a few adjustments: beef sausage instead of turkey, beef broth instead of chicken, canned tomatoes instead of fresh, white rice instead of brown, I added a yellow pepper and of course, broccoli instead of okra. Maybe that was a lot of adjustments. Oh, and I didn't have cajun seasoning so I threw together a plethora of spices and came up with this:


1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp onion powder, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp cayenne, 1/8 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp chili powder and 1/8 tsp dried thyme.

sausage...


onion, garlic, yellow pepper and flour...


tomatoes...


beef broth, rice and broccoli...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I made this last night for my husband and my brother in law and they both LOVED it. So much, in fact, that they stole all the leftovers to take to work for lunch today. Bastards! I didn't have any diced tomatoes so I used salsa, but it still turned out great. Thanks for your version, Siri. Love it. It's going into my "family favorites" collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger