.

.

Hannah's S'More Pops

2/8/11


My sister Hannah is siriously trying to outdo me. And she succeeded. Check out these S'more Pops! She didn't even follow a recipe! I asked her to write a little guest blog, and then I asked her to never act cooler than me again...

I recently discovered that the worst/best invention of life is yummy.com. You can order whatever you want, whenever you want and it will be delivered to your door in less than 30 minutes. I've ordered alcohol, eggs and bacon on a lazy Saturday morning, I've even ordered ingredients to make cookies. One of the most amazing things to order are their homemade s'mores. They're $2 each, huge and delicious.

Anyway, the point of my story is that I wanted a yummy.com s'more yesterday but I resisted the temptation to pick up the phone and order $20 worth, and instead I decided I'd try to make them myself.

All you need is graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows! No campfire (or microwave, as I liked to do it as a kid) needed!



Melt the chocolate over a double broiler (I didn't take a picture of that, because it's BORING)

Break up the graham crackers into bite size pieces.

I bought brownie pop sticks from the grocery store and cut them in half, they worked perfectly as a sturdy stick for the s'mores.



Here's the trick...to make the marshmallow stick to the graham cracker, use a dab of frosting as a glue. Worked perfectly and added a little extra sweetness!


Dip the marshmallow and graham cracker into the melted chocolate. You can cover the whole thing or let some of the marshmallow show.

Let sit on parchment paper in the fridge for at least 3 hours to harden.

Enjoy! Perfect little bite to satisfy your sweet tooth! Or, you can be like me and eat 6 in a row.



Thanks Sister Hannah!

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yum. And so cute! Do you think you could add a little liquid smoke to give them a bonfire flavoring?

Linda said...

ooooh....I know who is going to get these for Valentines Day !!!!!
sending thanks to sis Hannah.

Valerie said...

I'm totally making these. They look phenomenal.

Anonymous said...

omg...so easy...a tip...
get that ready to melt chocolate stuff in the produce isle of the gorcery store...and use some of that marshmallow cream spread stuff to make the marshmallow and graham cracker stick...
these are such a hit with young and old! thanks

Rose said...

Love/hate relationship with this post! I'm going to pretend I never heard of yummy.com. I'm also going to work hard on not having all these ingredients in my place at once. Really though, these sound delightful!

Katie said...

My mom made these for my nephews 1st birthday party on Saturday and added a candy Mickey Mouse head to the top (to go with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme). They were adorable and sooo yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger