.

.

Red Snapper with Tomatoes and Capers

1/11/11


This time of year really depresses me. Everyone is so productive, bursting with energy, running in the sunshine, making trips to the gym and worst of all... dieting. THE HORROR!!!

Oh I see, you're thinking that I'm jealous of everyone because deep down I want to be like them but dieting isn't in my DNA?? HA, ha ha, yooooou, I mean, psshaw, you're like, uh, well, I mean, you're so, you're so... ok fine you're right. It's not that I CAN'T diet, or that I haven't in the past, but it's just makes me feel blue. So instead of a massive cutback, I like to do small things. Like a week of eating fish! We started last night with a recipe I adapted from this one. It was delicious and healthy and I still ate chocolate chips for dessert. Happy medium : )

I did not have olives, nor did I have herbs, so I combined 1/3 cup of quartered grape tomatoes, 1 tsp capers, 1 small finely chopped shallot, 1/2 cup olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl and let it sit...


I seasoned the fish with salt and pepper...


Sauteed it in a small amount of olive oil for 3-4 minutes per side over high heat...


Removed fish and put on plates. Added the juice of one lemon to the skillet and the tomato/caper mixture. Stirred until it heated through and then poured over fish...

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger