.

.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Shallots

11/29/10


What is a holiday without mashed potatoes? A healthy, sad holiday, that's what. This Thanksgiving, I decided to put my 3 favorite things in my spuds: garlic, butter and fried stuff. Success! Make these, you won't be sorry. (Until you're extremely full.)

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Shallots
(Serves 8)
Printable Recipe

3 lbs. yukon gold potatoes
3 heads garlic
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
Crispy shallots (see below)

Preheat oven to 400. Slice garlic in half and place on tinfoil. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap in tinfoil. Roast in oven for 40 minutes to an hour, until garlic is caramelized. Let cool.



Once cool, remove cloves by squeezing the head. Roughly chop.


Peel potatoes. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add spuds, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and return to pot with burner off. In the meantime, heat butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, until butter melts. Set aside. Add garlic to potatoes and begin to mash (I used my handheld immersion blender, superb). Slowly add your butter/milk mixture and continue to mash, until you've reached desired consistency (I maybe used 3/4 of the butter/milk). Season with salt and pepper and top with Crispy Shallots.

So. Once you make Crispy Shallots, you will never stop making them. I have leftovers that I've been snacking on for days. Perfect topping for salads, green beans, my face, etc. Find the recipe HERE.

1 comments:

Being Ingrid said...

Your feast looked amazing little lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger