.

.

Mussels with Coconut Curry Sauce

6/30/10


My sister and I are weird. We love to watch cooking shows that feature shellfish because when clams or mussels or oysters are stirred, they make a clinkety clankety sound that's lovely. I told you, weird. So I was very excited to try mussels for the first time yesterday! We found a recipe with a coconut curry broth and it was delightful. Next time, and I will make this again, I would cut back on the lemon juice by a tablespoon and I would add some red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. Otherwise, delicious. Here's the recipe.

Chopped shallots...


Sauteing in butter and curry...


Simmering in white wine, lemon juice and coconut milk...


Mussels cooking. Clinkety clankety...


Served with chopped cilantro (instead of parsley) and crusty bread...


Empty shells...


The sun is out today! Must go! Beer Can Chicken and Homemade Watermelon Berry Sorbet later, stay tuned...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the clinkety clankety sound too!! But living in Wisconsin I am usually too chicken to try the fresh clams, mussels, and oysters I see at the places that sell such things. Who knows where they came from and how fresh they are, you know? I'll just enjoy watching other people cook them and stick to recipes that require meat from animals I that actually live in this state. :-) Looks delicious though! Keep up the good work. I want to go on vacation!

Hannah said...

I'm extremely jealous. Clinkety Clank that.

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

YUM! Mussels are my sister's and my favorite..love dipping baguette in the sauce too! There is a White Wine Tarragon sauce that either Bobby Flay or Tyler Florence does that has become a staple in my family..different than the curry taste, but as good! Mussels are so inexpensive and EASY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger