.

.

Fish & Tarter Sauce 101

4/6/10

Sometimes, I don't want to cook. I KNOW!!!!!!! Just sometimes. Very rarely. Hardly ever. But sometimes. And that's when I pull out my easy peasy tricks. Yup, I say things like easy peasy.

Last night was one of those nights, and I pulled off one of those dinners that took me zero time/effort but still appeared elegant and time consuming. I love doing that. It makes me feel like a superhero. Would you like to feel like a superhero? See below...

Easy Peasy Pan-Fried Fish
(Serves 2)

2 filets of any white fish, I used Catfish
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup roughly chopped parsley
1/2 tsp lemon zest
salt and pepper
1 T unsalted butter
1 T olive oil


Put flour, cornmeal, parsley, lemon zest and salt and pepper into food processor or blender.


Pulse until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Pour onto a plate.


Clean fish and thoroughly dry with paper towel. Dredge fish in flour mixture, shaking off an excess.


Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in large pan. Add fish, and saute for 3-4 minutes a side, until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedge and parsley sprig (that's how you make it look elegant and time consuming).



Easy Peasy Tarter Sauce
(Serves 2)

1 pickle, finely diced
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 tsp lemon juice
Dash of hot sauce


Here are the ingredients:


Combine them.

Put on your superhero cape and eat dinner.

1 comments:

sweetlife said...

easy peasy but utterly delish!! I love the tarter sauce..yumm

sweetlife

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger