.

.

Tuna Casserola

2/23/10

I didn't make anything last night, we went out. So much for my pledge to eat in all week. Sorry Huffington Post.

On to another topic. Where is my March issue of Bon Appetit?? Has anyone been in touch with my mailman? I'm feeling impatient. This is because I recently flipped through it at a store and on the cover they advertise a recipe for Tuna Casserole. TUNA CASSEROLA!? That's what we called it when we were kids. It was my FAVORITE meal. Hands down. Cream of Mushroom soup, canned tuna, black olives, pasta and crushed potato chips on top. Even better leftover because then you got to crush MORE chips on top. Mmm, chips.


That is the picture of Bon Appetit's updated version from the March mag. Tuna Noodle Casserole with Leeks and Fresh Dill. That's not my mama's Tuna Casserola! I am going to make this very, very soon. Like tonight soon. Let's see if it can live up to the cream o'mushroom soup rendition I grew up on.

Here's the recipe if you are also waiting for your mailman to do his job.

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I bought the Feb issue yesterday at safeway for that delicious looking rib sandwich on the front. Did you see the buckwheat crepe recipe?? I might make it tonight, but I'm scared.

Anonymous said...

My babies wouldn't have LOVED their tuna casserola if I had made it with leeks and fresh dill :) As it was, I substituted black olives for the traditional green peas...and yes, lots of potato chips to keep the kiddies coming back for more!

Siri said...

Don't be scurred Ashleigh!

iamchasingthirty said...

Patti gave me this issue this morning and I was like...TUNA CASSEROLLEEE! Must have. A little slice of Minnesota in Bon Appetit. Love it.

Virginia said...

I'm waiting for my April Eating Well to start cooking from, too. What? Does the USPS have against food bloggers this month? In the meantime, I'm going to try this recipe! Sounds great and will take me back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger