.

.

pork chops with gremolata

1/6/10

I made a gremolata the other night, which is an Italian condiment made primarily of parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Here's how I made mine:

1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
6 cloves of garlic (yes)
zest of 1 lemon


I put all of that in a cuisinart and chopped it until it resembled a condiment of sorts. But, after tasting it, I decided the taste of raw garlic was a little bitter and a little overwhelming. So I decided to saute my gremolata in 2 tbs of olive oil, also adding some red pepper flakes. MUCH BETTER...


This gremolata topped the grilled pork chops we made. I know what you're thinking... pork chops, gross, tough, dry, blah. NO! BRINE THEM, like Tyler Florence says. In fact, just always do anything Tyler Florence says. These are not your mom's pork chops. No offense to your mom, I'm sure she's lovely.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger